The trend of digitising the insurance industry is a win-win situation for both the supplier and the client. By developing a vehicle insurance application, for example, an insurance company may lower the cost of handling claims while also providing convenience to its consumers. Find out how to design a customer-centric product for your auto insurance company if these are your goals.
Features of a Car Insurance App
As per the best mobile app development company in USA, an auto insurance app has the following features:
The first item on your Top 7 List is
1. Vehicle information screen.
It is self-evident that before a user purchases insurance, he must supply certain information about his vehicle. The standard procedure is to ask him to fill out basic information about his automobile, such as the year, make, and model. Don’t even think about the paperwork!
2: Quotes Display
After the fundamental information has been submitted, it’s time to present users with insurance options.
Here are some suggestions to consider:
- Each page should have one plan. It will draw consumers’ attention to it and allow you to supply all of the necessary information. Users can also swipe right or down to proceed to the next plan.
- The CTA buttons should be in bold, eye-catching colours. It’s a well-known approach for attracting users’ attention and encouraging them to take the required action.
- Real pricing should not be hidden. It irritates consumers a lot, so make sure they won’t have any problems figuring out how much your services will cost them.
3: Screen for Payment Processing
When a user expresses an interest in a certain insurance plan, don’t spend time pursuing the sale.
This screen should provide some basic information regarding the selected insurance policy from the preceding screens, such as:
- Type of insurance.
- Length of policy (or duration).
- Dates of start and finish.
- The total cost.
Also, because this is the final stage before customers exchange their money for your insurance promises, now is a good time to remind yourself of your legal duties. As a result, make room for a “Policy & Terms” button.
4 Support Screen
One of the benefits of having your own mobile car insurance app for your customers is the ease with which they can interact with your company. What is the best way to put it into action? Through a live chat with a customer service representative!
It gives you a slew of additional options when it comes to your users:
- A live chat service that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, where consumers may obtain any type of assistance from your experts.
- It can also serve as a source of up-to-date information about claim processing.
- Chatbots can assist users in navigating the app and providing solutions to common inquiries.
5: Screen for Policy Review
Users should, of course, always have immediate access to their insurance IDs. The most common option is to create a separate screen (typically referred to as the Policy Review or ID Screen) where users may verify policy type and number, vehicle specifications, effective and expiration dates, and other information.
6 Claim Filing Screen
It’s possible that the insurance profession is the only one in the world where both you and your clients hope that you’ll never have to utilise your services:)
However, without the Claim Filing Screen, you won’t be able to create an app for a vehicle insurance business. Its major goal is to make claim processing easier and faster.
7: Notifications through Push
Without Push Notifications, we can’t picture the MVP Product Backlog and feature list of an auto insurance app. What are you going to do with them if you don’t need them?
- To bring people up to date on the status of their claims processing.
- If they quit the app at any point, to persuade them to get your insurance.
- To notify people to extend their insurance if it is about to expire.
Car Insurance App Development Tech Stack
A good Tech Stack can help you construct an auto insurance app in a fraction of the time and for a fraction of the expense. Furthermore, the correct tools can ensure that your app runs smoothly and has a fantastic user experience. That is why it is critical to select the appropriate APIs and SDKs.
To create an app for an auto insurance firm, most of the developers offering mobile app development service in USA propose utilising the following tools:
- To process in-app payments, use the Braintree SDK and Stripe API.
- To build push notifications, use the Firebase API or the OneSignal SDK.
- APIs for Vehicle Status or DVLA Search (for UK firms) – to access all the information about a vehicle’s status and avoid time-consuming procedures.
- To create a speed restriction for a certain road segment, use the Google Roads API.
- Theft Alarm API – to notify users if their automobile is being damaged or stolen.
How much does it cost to develop an insurance app?
The cost of developing a vehicle insurance app is estimated to be between $14 and $8,000. We used a $40/hour average rate to calculate the cost of developing an insurance app. This pricing and the final expenses may vary depending on a variety of circumstances, so please contact us for an actual quote!
Finally, some thoughts
Offering mobile options to clients is a big plus for car insurance companies. Customers have access to important data and new chances to expand sales and offer more services, in addition to saving time and money.
You’ll need three major components for your new digital firm to run smoothly: a client app, an app for your insurance agents, and, of course, an admin panel for yourself.
You can hire Code Craft Crew as one of the best mobile app development agency in USA to create a car insurance App for your business.